PNP-Pangasinan to deploy 412 cops for papal visit

BY VENUS MAY H. SARMIENTO
DAGUPAN CITY – The Pangasinan Police Provincial Office is set to deploy 412 of its policemen to Metro Manila to help secure Pope Francis on his state visit from January 15-19.
Police Supt. Ferdinand ‘Bingo’ De Asis said peace-keeping in the province will not be affected despite the deploymeny of Pangasinan policemen.
“The cops to be deployed constitute only 20 percent of Pangasinan police, the remaining 80 percent will be here to fulfil their police duties,” De Asis said during the KBP Forum held at the Philippine Information Agency on Thursday.
Pope Francis is set to visit the Philippines next week and more than six million Catholic faithfuls are expected to flock to the Luneta grandstand for the papal mass.

Meanwhile, De Asis said despite the PNP count of 112 cases of firecracker-related injuries and four cases of stray bullet injuries, the new year revelry in the province remained peaceful.
He said the muzzle-taping of firearms among policemen was successful noting that there was no Pangasinan cop involved in indiscriminate firing of guns.
“With the muzzle- taping, the police wanted to set an example and become role models that the men in uniform do not violate laws,” De Asis said. (VHS/PIA-1/Pangasinan)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s